Monday, November 9, 2009

10/22/09 – Day Three

Would I be jinxing myself to say that I am actually enjoying this? Jorge is right – “it’s a meal plan not a diet”. I promised myself I would not step on that scale today, but I did. I am down another 1 ½. lbs – so that is 3 ½ lbs total! Waahoo!!! It’s funny because for the last few years I couldn’t get the scale to budge and on the surface it seemed like I was doing all the right things! Wow (yes, there is that word again) – I was doing ALL the wrong things! I would start my day with a glass of OJ, a banana, high carb cereal (and don’t forget some applesauce on my cereal). We won’t discuss the rest of the day, but you get the picture.

I am hopeful today. I think my toughest battle is all the crap that we have at work, but now when I look at the junk it does look like crap to me. Between the muffins, donuts and the afternoon mini chocolates that are passed around to boost everyone up. I said “no” to the chocolate, but just for fun I looked up on www.calorieking.com what the S/C value was for a Hershey’s miniature! OMG! So not worth it!!!!!

So I’m making my daughter’s lunch for tomorrow and this plan is CHANGING my life. I am looking at things so much differently! Why am I giving my daughter all these high-sugar juices? I thought I was doing right by giving her the ones labeled 100% juice. Wrong! I am going to slowly incorporate ways to better her food too. She is a bigger challenge though. She is so picky, but I want us both to be healthy. I’m definitely on a mission!

No comments:

Post a Comment