Sunday, November 22, 2009

TDAY Recipe - Spinach

The best Spinach you will ever make - so simple and quick it should be on one of Jorge's cooking lessons!

Ingredients:
Olive Oil
Garlic
Spinach
Kosher Salt

Some people like to boil it, but a chef friend of mine got me hooked on this type of preparation:
I take a skillet and heat with a little bit of olive oil. I spoon a bit of garlic (amount used is based on how much you like garlic - usually about a teaspoon is what I use). This combination of olive oil and garlic brings out a really nice flavor of the spinach. Friends of mine who aren't the biggest fans of spinach will ask me to cook this for them). Toss 1/2 a bag of Spinach and keep it moving so that allof the spinach gets a little bit of the oil/garlic mixture on it. Next I sprinkle a little bit of kosher salt on the Spinach. You don't need any Kosher Salt if you want to omit. Once it cooks down - its ready!!!!!

Calorie King lists a 1/2 cup of spinach at 3.4 carb, 2.2 fiber and .4 sugar so the S/C value is a 1/0.

No comments:

Post a Comment