Sunday, November 15, 2009

Where has the weekend gone? I thought this was going to be a relaxing weekend - NOT! Left work Friday early to take my daughter back to the doctor's. I can't seem to get this cough of hers to go away. Of course, she doesn't cough too much during the day but at night (when you need sleep) - we are up! Not only does she wind up in my bed but I have a third bed mate - her nebulizer machine. Ugh!!!!!
On an upside - as tired as I am - this meal plan has given me direction and organization.
It was a rough weekend - with lots of six year old issues, but I really have been focusing on separating my food from my drama. In the past, when I needed to unwind, I would grab something to eat curl up on my couch and watch a show. It helped me de-stress in one way, but the weight gain stressed me in another. So this weekend, when I needed "to let off some steam" - I raked my leaves. Three bags later - I felt accomplished to have a project off my list and proud of myself that I found a better outlet.
Last weekend, my downfall was that I went out to eat with my sister. Well, I was so proud of myself with the leaves that I decided to prove something to myself. I went out to eat tonight. I enjoyed the company and I enjoyed my choices! I ordered off the healthier choice side which was a piece of steak the size of my palm and some steamed veggies! Add my unsweetened iced tea and I DID IT! And even better - I enjoyed it!!!!!!
As the weight is coming off, I can feel some issues I never even knew I had - or atleast wasn't willing to accept coming off with it!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing. I can so relate and it helps to read your words.

    ReplyDelete