Monday, November 30, 2009

There is always an upside...

So I haven't blogged since Thanksgiving (I know... it shocked me too - lol). This weekend was crazy between the holiday and having some time off to get ready for Christmas. I actually had to mow my lawn this weekend (yes, I live on the East Coast but with the weather - my lawn needed to be done). This is my least favorite chore - it used to be food shopping but that has gone up since this program (it's like a seek & find game now). After the lawn mowing, the raking of the leaves, pulling of the weeds and cutting of the old flowers - I did not keep a very good food log and did not use my food tracker (insert - smack hand). All that being said, I did not lose any weight today with my weekly weigh in, but I did not gain any weight (upside).
My weigh in today was an eye opener of sorts because on one hand, not gaining any weight demonstrated to myself that I have learned a thing or two over the last few weeks and I must be making good choices (as a whole). To me, not using the food tracker is for later - when I am in "maintaining' mode. So I cracked the food tracker out today and I began again.
On to the upside (you didn't really think that the not gaining any weight was my only glass half full moment, did you), I promised myself that with each tiered weight loss dropping into new digits - reaching the 170's, 160's, 150's etc... - I would gift myself something. Well I had been considering some new boots but then while I was Black Friday shopping it called out to me - a Keurig coffee maker. And I did not get the base model - no, I didn't. The premium one - the one "I would never spend this type of money on myself type". I justified this to myself with some pretty good discounts. The coffee maker was already discounted plus a 15% coupon I had, some Kohl's bucks (to be applied towards someone else's Christmas gift) and it was bought. I have used my Keurig since Friday (it may attribute to my lack of sleep from too much caffeine), but nonetheless it has been broken in.
So my thoughts are on to how long it will take me to achieve the next goal (9 lbs from now) and what will it be? I'm not really sure... but it will be good!
I have to say, it has been a transition to prioritize myself with my eating or simple purchases like my coffee maker - but I'm transitioning nicely :)

1 comment:

  1. So funny about your coffee maker! It was a tough week and I totally agree about tracking your food. I always think I know where I am, but when I enter it in the my spreadsheet its different than I thought! Maybe at the end of 12wks or when I get to maintenance, like you said, I can live with out tracking it all.

    ReplyDelete