Monday, November 9, 2009

Sign up day - 10/15/09

Look, I may not be that jaw dropping story of the girl who went from 300lbs to 150lbs – half her size. I am, though, the girl who no one ever would call skinny and no one would really call fat, maybe just “heavy”. Am I overweight? Absolutely! Has the weight been creeping up each year? Like a thief in the night. I have slowly felt like I am losing control of everything around me. I am pulled in so many directions. I need to be up and at my best at every turn. I have prioritized myself right out of my own life. Not anymore! I believe that this weight loss is about more than just weight. It’s about gaining control back over my own life. I need to be freed of some of these bad habits that keep me spiraling. I want to look in the mirror and see a reflection that I am proud of. I am always so proud of my daughter. I can tell you funny little moments, silly little stories that leave me admiring her little personality and her zest for life. I can’t think of any current memories about me being proud of me. Where did that go? Where is my zest? When did I stop mattering to myself? I joined this because I trust in Jorge and his program. More importantly, I trust in myself. This time (over all the other silly attempts) it is different. This time it is a life change, not a diet! I will celebrate ever step towards reaching my best self!

No comments:

Post a Comment